top of page
"Today is the best day of my life
- another day that wasn't promised."
- Coach Jamal Powell
4/10/81 - 4/6/21
The Best Day of My Life Initiative
WHAT IS IT?
The Best Day of My Life is BMF's annual health and wellness initiative aimed at encouraging athletic coaches and coaching staffs to take part in a one-day health check-up.
The program is a part of our mission to alleviate and prevent hardships for athletic coaches and their families.
WHY IS BMF DOING IT?
With the demands of the profession, coaches are less likely to prioritize their own health and wellness.
From our experience, a significant number of the coaches we've helped with our grants have been associated to health complications that could have been prevented with something as simple as a routine check-up.
WHEN IS IT?
BMF is championing Coaches Health and Wellness Month in April.
Choose a date that works best for your program schedule.
HOW CAN OUR PROGRAM BE INVOLVED?
Your program can join BMF on this initiative by participating at any of the following levels:
1) Pop Warner: Dedicate a day for your staff to go see their primary care physician.
2) Varsity: Partner with your university/team doctors to provide on-site physicals for your coaches and staff.
3) All-American: Varsity + 10 min health and wellness presentation (provided by BMF) for you to cover in staff meeting.
4) Champion: All-American + arrange luncheon with prospective BMF supporters in your circle to help us develop resources to continue serving coaches.
Are you in?!
Thank you for your interest in partnering with BMF on this initiative!
You can find the link to register at the bottom of this page.
Your participation will not only help us spread our health and wellness mission in our coaching community, but may even help us prevent the next coaching hardship from happening.
Here is a list of next actionable steps for you and your coaching staff:
1. Select a date in April. You should be proud of this commitment you've made to your selves, your families, and other coaches!
Let BMF know what date you have chosen!
2. Announce on your social media that you are participating in this initiative with us!
Our aim is to create a ripple effect in the coaching community by showcasing our partner coaching staffs that are prioritizing their own health and wellness!
Provide BMF with your program's logo so we can announce your commitment with our supporters!
(IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING AT THE 'VARSITY' LEVEL OR ABOVE:)
3. Work with your athletic training staff, team doctors, and/or university health center.
Ask Doctors to donate their time on your selected date to serve coaches
Communicate ahead of time that you would like them to help administer:
A basic physical exam
A 'Point of Care' (POC) test if possible. A POC device would be required.
Secure a space that is private and practical for health screenings
4. CELEBRATE THIS DAY AND YOUR PARTICIPATION!
You are participating in a movement that could save a life and a family! We encourage all participants to share their involvement on their own social media accounts!
If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 604-6173.
Thank you again for your willingness to partner with us on our mission
to serve coaches and coaching families.
bottom of page